First-time-ever access features some of the least seen and most interesting portions of the park weekends January 12-27 with special guests Guy Harvey, Chris Fischer and Jack Hanna
ORLANDO, Fla. (December 18, 2018) – At SeaWorld Orlando’s Inside Look, hear and see, firsthand, what goes into providing world-class animal care from the people who do it every day. Guests that visit on January weekends 12, 13, 19, 20, 26 and 27 can go behind-the-scenes for an “inside look” at what it takes to maintain a premier zoological institution like SeaWorld Orlando. This truly first-time-ever access features six of the least seen and most interesting portions of the park. Guests are invited to visit all six locations, collecting stamps to earn an exclusive Expert Explorer’s Pin. Inside Look tours are available at each location at various times throughout the day.
Special Guest appearance on the weekends will feature Guy Harvey (January 12-13), OCEARCH founder Chris Fischer (January 19-20) and Jack Hanna (January 26-27).
· SeaWorld Rescue Center – Visit the home base of the SeaWorld Rescue Team to meet and hear from the dedicated team of filtration experts, animal care personnel, lab technicians and veterinarians who work around the clock to deliver life-saving care to animals in need. While behind-the-scenes, visitors will get to see some of the many facilities that help SeaWorld provide top-quality care to the animals that call SeaWorld home, as well as the hundreds of rescued animals that receive care at SeaWorld annually.
· Fish House – Step behind-the-scenes into an area rarely seen by park guests to meet the dedicated team of ambassadors who start their day before sunrise in order to provide the best of diets for every fish, sea turtle, sea lion, penguin, dolphin, or killer whale in the park.
· Sea Lion & Otter Primary Housing – For the first time ever, visit the home of the talented group of California sea lions, Pacific walrus and Asian small-clawed otters from Clyde & Seamore’s Sea Lion High. Hear stories and gain insight from the team of trainers who perform with these animals on a daily basis and learn what goes into making a live performance look seamless.
· Animal Ambassador Hamlet – This historic facility has a rich history of providing a loving home to a variety of animals at SeaWorld Orlando, including our Animal Ambassador team. Comprised of an eclectic collection of small mammals, exotic birds and a handful of well-trained reptiles, the Animal Ambassadors make surprise visits out in the park, appear at local community events, news stations and travel far and wide making appearances on network television programs and events.
· Beluga & Seal Primary Housing – Step into the maze of back hallways that provide service access to the residents of Wild Arctic starting with the food prep area for the beluga whales, seals and walruses. Proceeding further in, guests will get to see a variety of beluga toys followed by a chance to step outside and see the back beluga pool and scales on which the whales are weighed. Finally, guests will see the harbor seal holding pools where the seals spend time relaxing when they are not on exhibit.
· Manta Aquarium – Go above the surface and discover what it looks like towering over the depths of Manta’s main aquarium. In a location few have ever seen, uncover what goes into caring for the wide array of fish, rays, sea dragons, live corals and giant Pacific octopus that call Manta home. Meet the team of divers and aquarists who maintain the habitat and feed the wide range of fish within.
Only a Few Weeks Left in 2018 to Enjoy and Experience:
SeaWorld’s Christmas Celebration
SeaWorld Orlando is where holiday memories are made, transforming into a holiday wonderland with over 3 million twinkling lights and festive holiday shows. The season meets the sea daily through December 31, 2018 and is included with park admission.
New Year’s Eve at SeaWorld Orlando
Celebrate our connection to the sea, sea life and the world we share as we ring in the New Year, SeaWorld style. A spectacular musical celebration and bold fireworks display will send a wave of welcome to the New Year ahead.
Three Kings Celebration
In honor of the cherished tradition of Latin cultures, families are invited to help us commemorate the arrival of the Three Wise Men as only SeaWorld can. SeaWorld’s Three Kings Celebration is included with park admission and begins at 11 a.m. daily, Jan. 1 – 6, continuing through park close.
Best Way to Play
The best way for guests to experience all of the events at SeaWorld Orlando is with an Annual Pass, starting at $10.99 a month for Florida residents. Special members-only benefits such as discounts on dining and shopping make the Annual Pass especially valuable to enjoy SeaWorld’s events throughout the year.
For additional behind the scenes experiences, visit SeaWorld during any Inside Look day to buy one tour and get one free. Offer is only available at SeaWorld in the SeaWorld Rescue Store, the Information and Reservation Counter, or Guest Services.
For more information, park hours and to purchase tickets, visit SeaWorld.com/Orlando. To keep up to date on park hours and events, follow SeaWorld’s social channels on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
SeaWorld Entertainment, Inc.
SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment™ is a leading theme park and entertainment company providing experiences that matter and inspiring guests to protect animals and the wild wonders of our world. The company is one of the world’s foremost zoological organizations and a global leader in animal welfare, behavioral training, husbandry and veterinary care. The company collectively cares for what it believes is one of the largest zoological collections in the world and has helped lead advances in the care of animals. The company also rescues and rehabilitates marine and terrestrial animals that are ill, injured, orphaned or abandoned, with the goal of returning them to the wild. The SeaWorld® rescue team has helped more than 33,000 animals in need over the last 50 years.
The company owns or licenses a portfolio of recognized brands including SeaWorld, Busch Gardens® and Sea Rescue®. Over its more than 50-year history, the company has built a diversified portfolio of 12 destination and regional theme parks that are grouped in key markets across the United States, many of which showcase its one-of-a-kind zoological collection. The company’s theme parks feature a diverse array of rides, shows and other attractions with broad demographic appeal which deliver memorable experiences and a strong value proposition for its guests.
SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment is a wholly owned subsidiary of SeaWorld Entertainment, Inc., a publicly traded company. Visit www.seaworldentertainment.com for more information.