MUA’s have the chance to prove their skills in beauty, body, fashion & FX makeup in celebration of the Drag community.
Calling all aspiring artists! To celebrate the spirit of inclusion and artistry, The Makeup Show recognizes the drag community for their contribution to the industry through inspiration and individuality. With words like beat and tricks like bake, beauty is beyond and building bigger than ever … From scenes like NYC’s ‘Uptown Balls’, Atlanta’s ‘Eleganza’, Drag Race, and club kids everywhere, we see performers from all over the world using makeup to create a character, push limits and leave us gagging. In this competition, find your inner drag queen in celebration of the strength, contribution and fierceness that artists have contributed to this world!
RULES FOR ENTRY:
• Each artist must submit the following and email them to email@example.com by 9/7/18.
• One paragraph bio which highlights makeup experience and education
• One image that spotlights your best work- may not be larger than 2MB
• Completed application
• This application will determine your selection in the ON-SITE LIVE COMPETITION at The Makeup Show Orlando
• LIVE-COMPETE in 4 challenges at The Makeup Show Orlando
• Artists, Brands & Sponsors will guide all chosen artists throughout the 4 challenges
• Finalists will be announced via email by 9/10/18
• Finalists are required to be present both days at The Makeup Show Orlando Show 2018.
PRIZES TO BE AWARDED INCLUDE:
• Makeup Kit containing some of James Vincent’s favorite products. Valued $1000
• Announcement and feature in The Makeup Show Newsletter.
• One complimentary ticket to every The Makeup Show in 2019.
• The Makeup Show Merchandise
The Makeup Show Orlando brings the best brands and artists that specialize in these crafts under one roof for 2 days of education, inspiration, and shopping. Build a better kit, learn new tips for your career, meet makeup legends and experience the industry event that brings artists from all over the world at all levels of their career together. Makeup artists, retail artists, estheticians, cosmetologists, hairstylists, freelance artists, fashion stylists, buyers, agents, photographers, models, costume and theater designers, face and body painters.
The Makeup Show Orlando will also feature some of the industry’s top beauty brands including Diamond Sponsor MAKE UP FOR EVER, Platinum Sponsor Crown Brush, Contributing Sponsors GLAMCOR, Pinnacle Cosmetics, and Mineral Air, and School Sponsors Cosmix School of Makeup Artistry and MUSE Beauty Pro. The Makeup Show Orlando will be held on Saturday, September 15th, 2018 from 9 AM to 5 PM and on Sunday, September 16th, 2018 from 9 AM to 5 PM at the Hyatt Regency Orlando, 9801 International Dr., Orlando, FL. Tickets are available online and can be purchased at http://www.themakeupshow.com.