Koheda Waterfalls, also known as Highway Waterfalls, is a seasonal waterfall located near Koheda, Telangana, India. It is located about 24 kilometers from Hyderabad city. The waterfall is formed by the waters of the Pedda Amberpet Nala, which flows down a rocky cliff. The waterfall is about 20 feet tall and cascades into a pool of crystal-clear water.
The Koheda Waterfalls are a popular weekend getaway for people from Hyderabad. The waterfall is best visited during the monsoon season, when the water flow is strong and the waterfall is at its most scenic. However, the waterfall can also be visited during the summer months, when the water flow is lower but the waterfall is still beautiful.
Things to do at Koheda Waterfalls:
- Admire the waterfall: The Koheda Waterfalls are a beautiful sight to behold, especially during the monsoon season. Take some time to simply sit and enjoy the cascading water and the lush green surroundings.
- Take a dip in the pool: If you're feeling adventurous, you can take a dip in the pool at the bottom of the waterfall. The water is refreshing and invigorating.
- Hike to the top of the waterfall: There is a hiking trail that leads to the top of the waterfall. The hike is challenging but rewarding, and you'll be rewarded with stunning views of the waterfall and the surrounding countryside.
- Visit the Sanghi Temple: The Sanghi Temple is located near the Koheda Waterfalls. It is a beautiful temple dedicated to Lord Shiva. You can visit the temple and offer your prayers.
Tips for visiting Koheda Waterfalls:
- Visit during the monsoon season: The waterfall is at its most scenic during the monsoon season, when the water flow is strong. However, it is important to be careful during this time, as the rocks can be slippery.
- Wear comfortable shoes: You will need to do some hiking to reach the waterfall, so it is important to wear comfortable shoes.
- Bring sunscreen and a hat: The sun can be strong at the waterfall, so it is important to protect yourself from the sun's rays.
- Be respectful of the environment: Koheda Waterfalls is a beautiful natural environment, so it is important to be respectful of the environment and leave no trace.
Nearest famous places
There are several other attractions in the area, including:
- Koheda Gutta: A hilltop viewpoint with stunning views of the surrounding countryside, including the waterfall.
- Sanghi Temple: A beautiful temple dedicated to Lord Shiva.
- Pedda Amberpet Nala: A scenic stream that flows through the area.