Koshmal Waterfall, also known as Bhigu Dhodh, is a majestic waterfall located in the Dang district of Gujarat, India. It is considered the highest waterfall in Gujarat, with a cascading plunge of 350 feet. Nestled amidst the lush green hills of the Sahyadri range, the waterfall offers a breathtaking spectacle of cascading water and mist, creating a serene and captivating atmosphere.
The waterfall is named after Sage Bhrigu, one of the seven sages revered in Hinduism. Legend has it that Sage Bhrigu meditated here, and the waterfall is believed to possess his divine blessings. The local name, Bhigu Dhodh, translates to "Bhigu's waterfall" in Gujarati.
- Height: 350 feet
- Location: Dang district, Gujarat, India
- Accessibility: A moderate trek of around 2 kilometers through the scenic forest is required to reach the waterfall.
- Activities: Swimming, picnicking, and photography are popular activities enjoyed by visitors.
- Best time to visit: The monsoon season (July to September) offers the most spectacular view of the waterfall in its full glory. However, the trek can be slippery during this time. Winter (November to February) is also a pleasant time to visit, with milder temperatures and clear skies.
- The waterfall is surrounded by dense forests, home to a variety of flora and fauna.
- There are several small natural pools at the base of the waterfall, perfect for taking a refreshing dip.
- The trek to the waterfall can be challenging in some sections, especially during the monsoon season. Proper footwear and clothing are essential.
- There are no amenities available at the waterfall, so it's important to bring your own food and water.
If you're looking for a scenic escape and a chance to experience the beauty of nature, Koshmal Waterfall is definitely worth a visit. Just be sure to plan your trip accordingly and come prepared for a bit of an adventure.