Kalmandavi Waterfall is a 100-meter-deep waterfall located about 8 kilometers south of Jawhar town in the Palghar district of Maharashtra, India. It is a multi-level waterfall that cascades down a rocky terrain, making it an ideal spot for adventure sports like trekking, rock climbing, and rappelling.
The waterfall flows throughout the year, even in the summer months, making it a popular tourist destination year-round. The best time to visit the waterfall is during the monsoon season (June to September), when it is at its most powerful and scenic.
Visitors can reach the waterfall by car or by bus from Jawhar town. The road to the waterfall is in good condition, but the last few kilometers can be a bit bumpy. Once you reach the waterfall, there is a short walk to the base of the falls.
Information about Kalmandavi Waterfall:
- Location: Jawhar town, Palghar district, Maharashtra, India
- Type: Multi-level waterfall
- Height: 100 meters
- Water flow: Year-round
- Best time to visit: Monsoon season (June to September)
Things to do at Kalmandavi Waterfall:
- Swim in the pool at the base of the falls
- Trek to the top of the waterfall
- Go rock climbing or rappelling
- Take photos of the beautiful scenery
- Relax and enjoy the natural beauty of the waterfall
Tips for visiting Kalmandavi Waterfall:
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothing, as you will need to do some walking.
- Bring sunscreen, insect repellent, and a hat to protect yourself from the sun and insects.
- Be careful when swimming in the pool at the base of the falls, as the rocks can be slippery.
- If you are planning to go trekking, rock climbing, or rappelling, it is advisable to hire a guide.
Other attractions near the falls
There are many beautiful waterfalls near Kalmandavi Waterfall, Maharashtra, India. Here are a few of the most popular:
- Meranda Waterfall: is located about 5 kilometers from Kalmandavi Waterfall. It is a 100-meter-tall waterfall that cascades down a rocky terrain, making it a popular spot for adventure sports like trekking, rock climbing, and rappelling.
- Chinchwadi Waterfall: is located about 12 kilometers from Kalmandavi Waterfall. It is a 50-meter-tall waterfall that flows into a natural pool at the bottom. The waterfall is surrounded by lush green vegetation, making it a popular spot for picnics and day trips.
- Sara Waterfall: is located about 13 kilometers from Kalmandavi Waterfall. It is a 75-meter-tall waterfall that cascades down a series of steps. The waterfall is located in a remote area, making it a popular spot for nature lovers.
- Khadkhad Waterfall : islocated about 14 kilometers from Kalmandavi Waterfall. It is a 125-meter-tall waterfall that is known for its powerful flow. The waterfall is located in a dense forest, making it a popular spot for trekking and birdwatching.
Kalmandavi Waterfall is a beautiful and serene spot that offers something for everyone. Whether you are looking for an adventurous trek, a refreshing swim, or simply a place to relax and enjoy the beauty of nature, Kalmandavi Waterfall is the perfect destination for you.