Jogi Gundi Falls is a hidden gem located in the Agumbe rainforest, Karnataka, India. Unlike traditional waterfalls that cascade down from a height, Jogi Gundi Falls originates from a cave and flows through a hill, creating a unique and serene atmosphere. Here's some information about the falls:
- Location: Agumbe rainforest, Shimoga district, Karnataka, India.
- Distance from Agumbe: 4 km
- Height: 20 feet
- Origin: Cave
How to reach:
Jogi Gundi Falls is not accessible by road. You can either trek from Agumbe bus stand (5 km) or take a jeep from Agumbe town (3 km). The final 600 meters to the falls is a trek through the forest.
Things to do:
- Take a dip in the pool at the base of the falls.
- Enjoy the scenic beauty of the surrounding rainforest.
- Go for a short trek to explore the caves and streams around the falls.
- Spot some of the many birds and animals that call the rainforest home.
Best time to visit:
The best time to visit Jogi Gundi Falls is during the monsoon season (June to September) when the falls are at their fullest. However, the falls can be enjoyed year-round.
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothes that you don't mind getting wet.
- Carry insect repellent and sunscreen.
- Be careful not to litter and respect the natural environment.
- There is a small entry fee to visit the falls.
- There are no changing facilities or toilets available at the falls.
- It is important to be aware of the risk of leeches in the rainforest.
I hope this information is helpful!